Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get right to it...

1) Can someone give pro's & cons of the Scorcher from experience?

2) With stock ECU, we're limited to about 180hp, correct? Is the Scorcher limited by the ECU then?

3) Is there a need to upgrade the EBCS (Electronic Boost Control Solenoid)?

4) Aside from plugs, any other upgrades that will be needed / should be considered?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Pros: Easy to remove for warranty work (if you're worried about that). Cheap power.

Cons: It's a sensor fooler. Basically tells the stock ECU that it's not seeing the correct boost amounts so the ECU allows more to be applied.

As far as the stock ECU, will start pulling power around 190-200whp. As said above, the Scorcher tells the ECU this isn't happening so it doesn't apply the limiters. EBCS not required but if you feel hesitation under acceleration, probably should replace it.

My advice, save the money, buy a tune and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, R1600Turbo!

My main reason for considering the AFE is due to warranty. No hiding a tuned ECU, and it's my understanding that even if you revert to a stock ECU during dealer visits, they can tell you've swapped it. Is that true?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Thanks for the reply, R1600Turbo!

My main reason for considering the AFE is due to warranty. No hiding a tuned ECU, and it's my understanding that even if you revert to a stock ECU during dealer visits, they can tell you've swapped it. Is that true?
I mean if they look hard enough. I think only two ways to tell, internally in programming where dealers either rarely look or don't have access to. Or, movement of the mounting nuts. (but if you're like me and put them back in exactly the same spot, who's gonna know?) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts