Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have some information regarding our cars that may prove useful or interesting to some. I was rear ended April 15th, and the car is still in the body shop due to a complete lack of part availability on Elantra Sports. All the body work has been finished, and for the last 3 weeks its been a waiting game to get an answer from vendors & Hyundai itself to see when they can ship out a rear bumper cover for the car, and this week we received an actual answer: "Part is on back order". Disappointing to say the least, as I have parts from Tork Motorsports waiting to go on the car. As of right now (6/1/2017), these cars do not even exist on websites like KBB, NADA, and other OEM part distributors for Hyundai/Kia. I know some (if not most) of yall know that first run cars like this have issues getting parts, but i figured i'd share my struggle with yall anyways. This is my first post on here and look forward to having good discussions with yall about these badass, fun cars. Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe and don't get rear ended! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
A friend got into a fender bender here in Toronto with his Elantra Limited and same situtation...Hyundai says parts are not available on hand, items are on back order etc.

Really surprising for a model that is flying off dealer lots like hot cakes. For the Sport it may be even longer wait times as we have quite a few unique parts...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The tow hook cover is broken on mine in the back and I had to wait a couple weeks for the part to come in as it was on back order.

Then I went to have it installed and they didn't realize until I got there that it has to be painted. Go figure. But that's a separate issue. :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I am not surprised about the ES parts but the regular Elantra I am, as per previous comment. Hope this is resolved for you soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The passenger side skirt had a small ding on mine the day I picked it up. They ordered the part and three weeks later it was painted and installed. I'm in London Ontario area.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not surprised at how this is working out for you, it does suck to have a naked butt though. Im in Southern Cali and Ive not seen any other sports on the road like ever. Since I began car shopping around mid-January, Ive only ever seen the one I test drove and the one I own now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The tow hook cover is broken on mine in the back and I had to wait a couple weeks for the part to come in as it was on back order.

Then I went to have it installed and they didn't realize until I got there that it has to be painted. Go figure. But that's a separate issue. :p
Platypus makes a cool tow hook cover, no painting required!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Platypus makes a cool tow hook cover, no painting required!
No it's the one on the rear in the glossy black part of the diffuser. There's supposed to be a small lip on the top of where the little circle pops into and mine is broken. So the whole part needs to be replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts