Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my catback the other day and slapped er' onto my ES the same day.
I am very pleased to say that it sounded exactly how I had hoped!
I'll try and get a sound clip uploaded as soon as it stops raining.

I was a little apprehensive after finding no video on the full catback, just the axleback setup from JUN, but bit the bullet anyways.
I was wanting something much more mild than a muffler delete. This setup is nice and quiet in daily driving conditions, and progressively gets louder as you apply more and more throttle. You still get all the nice pops and burbles on deceleration and up/downshifts.

Price was 825 USD shipped from KDM Motors:
https://www.kdm-motors.com/collecti...-jun-ad-elantra-cat-back-exhaust-16-shipped-5

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The sun came out and here's a quickly thrown together sound clip!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think it is clipping your mic. Could you comment on the real vs video sound for us please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That second clip after the cold start is not the mic clipping out, it is infact the pops that this car is know for making, lol.
It's just my GoPro Hero 4 Session recording video and sound, and I know those do not transmit bass very well, and make it sound a tad raspier than it actually is.
If you want to compare to a video I have of the stock exhaust for reference, check out the video I put up on youtube prior to this. A Mt.Baker POV drive that I did an exhaust clip and launch at the beginning.

The tips do poke out a wee bit, but they could be knocked back further in. The whole system is shipped in 4 pieces to make the package smaller. The midpipe is in 2 pieces with a slip joint and clamp in the middle to allow for some hammering down or trimming, as is the tip itself.
I kept it there due to personal preference. It's not like its so prominent that people are going to trip on it. It enhances the original style and I decided to go with the dual tips to compliment that.

They also offer a single fart-can style muffler and a dual exit, quad tip exhaust, which required you to trim the bumper back on the other side. The quad tip looks so cool, but I felt it would be barking up on WRX territory, and I'd be writing a cheque that the car couldn't cash, especially with my buddy and his STI, haha :p

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.