Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year folks! I hope everyone is well and staying healthy. So, after a few months of research, I concluded that my next set of tires for my ES will be The Barum Bravuris 5HM through Discount Tire. I have read multiple reviews and they seem to be amazing. The price is unbeatable as well for under $70/tire. And, they are owned by Continental Tire! They’re scheduled to have them in Friday, January 8th, so I am pretty excited. I also have been checking out wheels and really have my mind set on the Avid 1 AV-06 wheels in black. I’m either going 18X8 or 18X8.5 with the stock-size tire and will be doing either Eibach or White Lightning lowering springs. Only issue: the wheels are only available in 35mm offset. All the pictures of the ES on fitment industries mainly have 40 mm or 42 mm offsets. I would like to know if I can fit a 18X8 or 18X8.5 35 mm offset wheel with stock tires and lowering springs without any rubbing or modification. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, I have installed the RaceChip GT-S in my vehicle and have been running it for some months now. I know that it is frowned upon on this site and I like many others went this route instead of the actual tune. I will be completely honest: this system woke my car up and it does make a difference. I only have a Sixth Element SRI as well and it sounds/feels/performs great. I’m still considering the tune when I can truly afford it, but I am very satisfied with the RaceChip meanwhile. I think it is a great investment. Thank you all for taking time to read this and please reply with any feedback you may have regarding wheels or tunes.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
With stock tire size, stick with 18x8. 35mm offset will poke a bit, so it comes down to just how you feel about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With stock tire size, stick with 18x8. 35mm offset will poke a bit, so it comes down to just how you feel about that.
Thanks for the input. I should have no issue with rubbing if I get lowering springs, right? Or do you recommend 42mm offset?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
18x8 +45 is the best fitment for minimal issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts