Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai recommends and uses Quaker state oil at their dealerships. I cannot find an oil Quaker state makes that meets the specs of ACEA A5 or above. How can they not use the correct oil recommended in the manual? Would this void the warranty?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The only A5 oil I have found is Pennzoil Platinum. Most "recommended" oil brands by a manufacture are a marketing gimmick IMO.

With that said I use Castrol 5w40.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Our cars here in Australia recommend Shell Oil.. Though I just had my 10,000 km service a month ago. And my invoice has on it Mobil Oil..

Though it doesn't say what grade of oil.. Only says Mobil Oil..

From what I have read. The ACEA A5 / B5 oil specification is for conventional and low-viscosity oils suitable for petrol and diesel engines.
A reduction in fuel consumption of at least 2.5% compared to a 15W-40 viscosity oil must be demonstrated in a test engine for an oil to meet this specification.

So the spec is pretty much a fuel economy oil.. Any top performing oil will still do the job..

·
Registered
384 Posts
It also calls for ILSAC GF-4 or higher, Quaker State Full Synthetic Ultimate Durability is GF-5. I've used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum & Castrol Magnatec so far.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Actually it says Quaker State in the owners manual (at least in the US) and there's a Shell sticker on the airbox. So Hyundai has no clue. :rolleyes:
Ours hear also have the Shell & Quaker State on them.. Which kinda makes sense I guess since Shell now owns Quaker State

"Quaker State is an American brand of motor oil produced by SOPUS Products, a division of Royal Dutch Shell, and the successor of the Pennzoil-Quaker State Company."

But they just must use the same sticker everywhere around the world. As I don't think Quaker State is available here in Australia. Iv'e never seen it anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got very positive feedback from my ES after switched to the new redesigned formula Pennzoil Platinum 5W30. The new formula is specific for Turbo GDI addressing the well known LSPI issue. It's ACEA A5 and new API SN PLUS grading stating on the bottle label.

One benefit of this oil (base oil) is made from natural gas instead of traditional crude oil. So much cleaner which should be much better for our TGDI engine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was given Amsoil Signature Series to use so I did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Best Oil for Smooth and Quiet Opperation hands down is Royal Purple 5/30 HPS(High Performance Street) not only is this the absolute best lubrication for your ES but has a lifespan of 15,000K that’s what I use I have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport with 56885K and I’ve done done my 4th oil change ahead of schedule and purrs like a kitten!! I’m an Uber Driver and my vehicle is idling at least 80% of the time which is very hard on a vehicle so please take my word on this!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Best Oil for Smooth and Quiet Opperation hands down is Royal Purple 5/30 HPS(High Performance Street) not only is this the absolute best lubrication for your ES but has a lifespan of 15,000K that’s what I use I have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport with 56885K and I’ve done done my 4th oil change ahead of schedule and purrs like a kitten!! I’m an Uber Driver and my vehicle is idling at least 80% of the time which is very hard on a vehicle so please take my word on this!
I hope you are not actually doing 15k intervals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everything you mentioned on your post is subject to a void on your warranty, if you still want to maintain the warranty. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope you are not actually doing 15k intervals.
More like 14.2K but in any case yeah with the 4th oil change they’re living by those 15K intervals. Probably checks it often and adds if/when low.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
More like 14.2K but in any case yeah with the 4th oil change they’re living by those 15K intervals. Probably checks it often and adds if/when low.
You can have the best oil in the world and David Chung at Lap3 will give you **** if you even go past 5k. Just asking for trouble with nearly 3 times that. I'll never understand why people do that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can have the best oil in the world and David Chung at Lap3 will give you **** if you even go past 5k. Just asking for trouble with nearly 3 times that. I'll never understand why people do that.
Yeah idc if the oil says you’re good for 20k. I’m doing 5k max

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hyundai recommends and uses Quaker state oil at their dealerships. I cannot find an oil Quaker state makes that meets the specs of ACEA A5 or above. How can they not use the correct oil recommended in the manual? Would this void the warranty?
You should try Motul 8100 Econo it’s A5/B5. Car feels different it’s amazing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts