Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’m researching my next car to buy and have been looking extensively at the Elantra Sport (Elantra SR Turbo here in Australia), and was wondering how the reliability for them was? With my budget I’m probably looking at something around 60,000 miles or 100,000km.

Coming from a ‘01 BMW 5 series, so reliability and low running costs are important to me. (Reliability, maintenance, fuel consumption, repairs etc.)

Any advice?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Most issues are usually minor things, cooling fans, boost solenoid, EVAP solenoid, etc. The biggest issue seems to be the DCT transmission. Seen quite a few replaced. Other than that, great car IMO.

Reactions: CoreDude98

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey man, I bought my SR Turbo in April at 93,xxx km and tbh its only been a couple months but its been running great for me. I slapped on an exhaust kit and a BOV + some nice cosmetics and its been a dream to drive. I drive almost entirely city driving and i get around 9-10L/100km average. Have had some stuff go wrong on me (the usb port in the centre console was manged up and had to solder a new custom usb port) and had to manually adjust some things but its an amazing car. Id def reccomend getting some sort of an exhaust setup if U can bc it made the car eons better for me. its a great choice :)
Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most issues are usually minor things, cooling fans, boost solenoid, EVAP solenoid, etc. The biggest issue seems to be the DCT transmission. Seen quite a few replaced. Other than that, great car IMO.
Don't mind the general repairs, I think the DCT is the most troublesome part of the sale for me. Especially hearing that they fail quite often, and are difficult + expensive to get at the dealer. I'd go for the manual in that case but I can't drive a manual and neither can anyone else in my family, so definitely not the right choice. Thanks for your advice though.

Hey man, I bought my SR Turbo in April at 93,xxx km and tbh its only been a couple months but its been running great for me. I slapped on an exhaust kit and a BOV + some nice cosmetics and its been a dream to drive. I drive almost entirely city driving and i get around 9-10L/100km average. Have had some stuff go wrong on me (the usb port in the centre console was manged up and had to solder a new custom usb port) and had to manually adjust some things but its an amazing car. Id def reccomend getting some sort of an exhaust setup if U can bc it made the car eons better for me. its a great choice :)
Good luck
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it's going well for you! I'll consider the exhaust if I get the car :)

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
136 Posts
Don't mind the general repairs, I think the DCT is the most troublesome part of the sale for me. Especially hearing that they fail quite often, and are difficult + expensive to get at the dealer. I'd go for the manual in that case but I can't drive a manual and neither can anyone else in my family, so definitely not the right choice. Thanks for your advice though.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it's going well for you! I'll consider the exhaust if I get the car :)
it would be a great time to learn manual if you got a manual version haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts