Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying the AEM intake, thoughts from anyone who currently has one or another intake, and if so can you upload a sound clip of it installed.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Pretty much any open element air filter intake for these cars will sound the same. Loud sucking sounds. Doesn't say on their site, but it looks like it's 3" tubing? It's been dyno proven that 3.5" is best for our cars.

For about the same price I would go with a SXTH Element intake. You can choose a custom color, have more potential for power gains and you help support the little businesses that support us. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pretty much any open element air filter intake for these cars will sound the same. Loud sucking sounds. Doesn't say on their site, but it looks like it's 3" tubing? It's been dyno proven that 3.5" is best for our cars.

For about the same price I would go with a SXTH Element intake. You can choose a custom color, have more potential for power gains and you help support the little businesses that support us. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I currently have an aem “CAI” on my es and I’m pretty happy with it. Didn’t know about Sxth when I bought it and I would say yea your in the ball park it’s about a 3” inside diameter tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts