Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my aem intake in and im loving it so far. the installation is super easy as you dont need to remove the bumper cover. just remove the clips from the fender liner to get the filter on the end of the pipe. and the filter sits up pretty high in the bumper. so completely out of the engine bay but not low enough to worry about water as much as a lot of other cais ive had in the past with other cars.

theres definitely a noticeable different in throttle response. especially in the mid range. and also too the aem is pretty quiet which is a big plus for me. i cant wait until a tune is available to get the most out of the intake and other mods.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
The filter being in the bumper area might help with the noise. Though there's really no advantage of a cold air intake on a turbo car since the turbo will heat it up anyway.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just got my aem intake in and im loving it so far. the installation is super easy as you dont need to remove the bumper cover. just remove the clips from the fender liner to get the filter on the end of the pipe. and the filter sits up pretty high in the bumper. so completely out of the engine bay but not low enough to worry about water as much as a lot of other cais ive had in the past with other cars.

theres definitely a noticeable different in throttle response. especially in the mid range. and also too the aem is pretty quiet which is a big plus for me. i cant wait until a tune is available to get the most out of the intake and other mods.

Whats the part number and where to get?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The filter being in the bumper area might help with the noise. Though there's really no advantage of a cold air intake on a turbo car since the turbo will heat it up anyway.
someone made this argument in a genesis coupe forum and a user responded with this:

"Your theory sounds good but you don't consider that the heat created will be in direct relation to the temperature of the air when it started. The turbo compression doesn't heat the air to a given temp regardless of it's origional temp. It heats the air in relation to it's origional temp.

If the temp of the intake air is 80 degrees and the turbo compression heats the air an additional 20 degrees then your output is 100.

if the input air is 40 degrees then the compressed air will be some temp warmer than 40.

Those numbers aren't meant to be exact but just to demonstrate that the compressed air is temp is relative to it's input temp."

so i dont know. it seems like and endless debate.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
The more air you move in to the intake tract, the more air you have on your compression stroke, the more efficient the engine. The less restriction you have on the turbine the faster and more easily it will spool up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The more air you move in to the intake tract, the more air you have on your compression stroke, the more efficient the engine. The less restriction you have on the turbine the faster and more easily it will spool up.
yeah you know what ive noticed since installing the cai is that the turbo sound is louder. than it was before. i assume because its spooling up easier?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is there a product where I just buy the intake pipe that will connect to the stock air filter box? Or a kit that will have a cover of the pod?

·
Registered
90 Posts
do you mean like a short ram intake?
Just want to replace the pipe only that will connect to stock air box instead of pipe with pod filter. I would like pipe with stock air box set up or pipe with enclosed pod filter to make it look stock.

Hope it makes sense.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you mean like a short ram intake?
Just want to replace the pipe only that will connect to stock air box instead of pipe with pod filter. I would like pipe with stock air box set up or pipe with enclosed pod filter to make it look stock.

Hope it makes sense.
oh sorry there isnt anything like that available for es yet. i was interested in something like that too originally

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts

Hope it makes sense.
Contact the guys at Xenon Element. www.xenonelement.net They have a service where they modify stock airboxes in the manner in which you are hoping.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.