Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like AFE is releasing their US Specific, Stage 2 intake. I was told that Hyundai USA will also be selling the Momentum intake system that we've seen photos of from Korea.

I'm interested to see how different they're going to be, the Stage 2 looks good but Momentum much better with the completely enclosed box.

They're claiming 9hp with the dry filter and 14 with the wet filter, surprising to see such a difference. Seems similar to the SRI intakes, power wise, however should be much quieter and probably better in traffic since it'll be cooler air.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-56-10005r-takeda-stage-2-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd imagine that'd actually diminish the gains. Everyone says the stock tune maxes out around 195hp no matter how many bolt ons you put on, so if that's true then perhaps there'd be even more to gain without the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I'd imagine that'd actually diminish the gains. Everyone says the stock tune maxes out around 195hp no matter how many bolt ons you put on, so if that's true then perhaps there'd be even more to gain without the exhaust.
More like 180whp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone given this a try yet? AFE is website is still in pre-order, but Tork has them listed as in stock. Any reviews or thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts