Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I purchased thr afe intake package which is designed for elantra sport, i30, kia k3gt.

I used to use a couple of CAIs but this afe one is super neat and clean for the engine bay.

Bought this in Korea (I believe it is not yet sold in the market other than Korea)

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow.... that is very clean!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I know a guy that can get them for us but it's over $500 USD. AFE will be releasing it in the states under their "Takeda" branding later in the year.

For those that don't want to wait, SXTH is currently in the design process of making a similar box setup.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
This must be the nicest CAI I have seen in a long time. Love the window on the air box. It is very clean and visually appealing. Hmm.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is the window frame metal? What material is it made out of(stainless, aluminium)?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Buggers. The more I look at this intake, the more I like it. This and the ram air from SXTH would go well together.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Buggers. The more I look at this intake, the more I like it. This and the ram air from SXTH would go well together.
SXTH is making a box that should be similar. I've seen a 50% finished mock-up, full design should be done soon.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
A thread was posted for that earlier this morning.
Ah yes - I have missed that one completely. Needless to say, I spoke yesterday with AFE via good old telephone call. Fellow could not find any information on the GT Momentum series. We agreed that I send them photos via email. So I did and now I wait for their response.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ah yes - I have missed that one completely. Needless to say, I spoke yesterday with AFE via good old telephone call. Fellow could not find any information on the GT Momentum series. We agreed that I send them photos via email. So I did and now I wait for their response.
I was told later this year on that one. Right now they have a contract through Hyundai to sell it as a factory accessory:

Hi Jason, we are contracted with Hyundai to sell that intake on their Korean vehicles right now, although they will be offering that option in the U.S. soon. On top of that, if you would like to purchase that intake separately, we will be releasing it next year under our Takeda brand and will be available for sale directly from us. Until then, that is the current situation.
Did they mention an ETA as well?
Soon-ish. Probably within the next month or two. The box will also be available with a carbon fiber top.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Soon-ish. Probably within the next month or two. The box will also be available with a carbon fiber top.
Well, I am going to wait patiently then, it is winter here now anyways. I have received no answer, so far, from AFE.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I asked Mark for an update and he said he is waiting for the finalized silicone tube but the rest is finished. Expect new pictures soon. Shouldn't be too long before it's available.

·
Registered
327 Posts

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts