Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line 1.6T Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed this BOV on my 2019 Elantra GT N-Line, started it up and it ran fine, (no turbo flutter that I can hear) until I shut it off...then the CEL came on when I started it up again, code P2261...

So I did some reading and read that upgrading the BOV MAC Solenoid fixes the code? So, I ordered that today from SXTH Element.

Would it be alright to drive the car, with the code still there? I already tried clearing it, comes back right away... Clear code, shut the engine off - start back up the code is gone but if I restart the engine again and rev the engine a little, the code comes back.

(this is the BOV I got... Tork Motorsports Adjustable BOV | DamnFastDD.com)
Can't return it since I may or may not have broken the factory BPV when removing it... oops

Should I get a better BOV too? I haven't read much on this one, but I thought it was good?
And vacuum hose, I might need some, what should I look for?

Thanks!

(Heres some photos of the install, code and the CEL)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also would like to know how to properly 'adjust' the BOV... How much should I tighten/loosen it?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Can't say much about the Tork BOV, not many people buy their stuff because they are banned from much of social media, including here. With that said, the ECU is very sensitive when it comes to the BOV. Some will throw the code, some will not. It's nothing to worry about, car won't run any differently. You can clear the code and move on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can't say much about the Tork BOV, not many people buy their stuff because they are banned from much of social media, including here. With that said, the ECU is very sensitive when it comes to the BOV. Some will throw the code, some will not. It's nothing to worry about, car won't run any differently. You can clear the code and move on.
That's what I'm worried about... I can clear the code, but it comes back when I restart the engine and rev it a little. I'd like the code to be gone for good to look better at the dealer if I were to bring the car in for service.

--- I also ordered the SXTH AV6 BOV (reviews look good, but does anyone have it on their N-Lines/Sports?) to replace my 1 day old Tork BOV........Should work just fine on my 2019, right?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sometimes the computer has to adjust to the new parts. I remember installing cais which threw codes. After an hour of driving around the comp adjusted to the additional flow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts