Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any US based companies have started to develop any aftermarket parts for the sport? I have seen an intercooler upgrade with new charge piping from shark racing, based in Korea... http://www.sharkracing.com/2017-elantra-sport-bolt-on-performance-intercooler-kit/

But that's it, not sure how long it would take to ship to the US. But it would be nice to see some aftermarket interest from some companies.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I have posted in that thread, but other than the lap3 tune that isn't In the USA yet, there is nothing else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The car only started rolling onto lots this month for most dealerships. Expect a solid year before US companies really start pumping out parts...that is if the ES really has a demand for aftermarket support. But according to my dealer 845 Motorsports will more than likely be developing parts. (They are in the VT community).

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
6th Element engineering is working on a bracket for the ES for their dual catch can setup, as well as modifying their intakes for the ES - they have to make the first pipe off of the J pipe about 1/2 inch shorter and slightly modify the bracket.

So, we should at least have those parts available within the month, if not sooner.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6th Element engineering is working on a bracket for the ES for their dual catch can setup, as well as modifying their intakes for the ES - they have to make the first pipe off of the J pipe about 1/2 inch shorter and slightly modify the bracket.

So, we should at least have those parts available within the month, if not sooner.
That sounds great, so a few companies are going to start developing parts.. Tork, 845 motor sports and 6EE

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
Yup. I've actually been in close communication with Mark over the past few days, but I don't want to say more than I did. I've been trying to talk Xenon Element in to it as well, but so far he isn't interested.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got my ES last month and I love it the dealership has said that I can add a aftermarket bov and a cold air intake as well as a cat back exhaust system but I'm lost trying to find the parts does anyone know please

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got my ES last month and my dealership has said that I can install a aftermarket bov and a cold air intake as well as a cat back exhaust system but I'm lost trying to find the parts does anyone know how and where I can get the parts I mentioned

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
I think you'd have to replace the cold pipe to mount a BOV. That or you'd have to make your own bracket for it.

This is how the OEM one is mounted:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok found an adapter plate and Bov from shark racing straight bolt on and I found the cai as well but I really want to upgrade my exhaust system I do a cat back exhaust without voiding my warranty but I'm unable to locate one

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Ok found an adapter plate and Bov from shark racing straight bolt on and I found the cai as well but I really want to upgrade my exhaust system I do a cat back exhaust without voiding my warranty but I'm unable to locate one
You probably won't see one for another few weeks. Since the exhaust on this car is unique from other Elantra's and the Veloster, it will have to be created from scratch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You probably won't see one for another few weeks. Since the exhaust on this car is unique from other Elantra's and the Veloster, it will have to be created from scratch.
Dang thats what i thought what do you know about the CAI from Elantra Sport Big Gulp Intake | DamnFastDD.com it comes with an optional single or twin breather catch can and im not sure if i need it or how to install it if i do

·
Super Moderator
1,170 Posts
Here's my take on the catch cans - I explained why you need at least one in another thread, so I won't go in to that here.

So, on my VT I ran catch cans on both the PCV line and the valve cover breather, which is what Tork is suggesting to do with their twin breather setup. Some people will tell you that both are essential - I don't agree. The catch can I had on the PCV line would literally fill up nearly completely about every 4 weeks or so with heavily fuel diluted oil - no bueno for the intake valves if there were no catch can as all of that stuff would have been forming carbon deposits. The one on the valve cover breather side, in the 2.5 years I had it there, never collected more than a total of about 1 tablespoon of oil during that entire time. I never once had to empty it. Would it be good to catch all of that as well? Yes. I just didn't feel it was enough to worry about. I could be wrong about that though, as the stuff on the valve cover breather side was all thick, gunky oil.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here's my take on the catch cans - I explained why you need at least one in another thread, so I won't go in to that here.

So, on my VT I ran catch cans on both the PCV line and the valve cover breather, which is what Tork is suggesting to do with their twin breather setup. Some people will tell you that both are essential - I don't agree. The catch can I had on the PCV line would literally fill up nearly completely about every 4 weeks or so with heavily fuel diluted oil - no bueno for the intake valves if there were no catch can as all of that stuff would have been forming carbon deposits. The one on the valve cover breather side, in the 2.5 years I had it there, never collected more than a total of about 1 tablespoon of oil during that entire time. I never once had to empty it. Would it be good to catch all of that as well? Yes. I just didn't feel it was enough to worry about. I could be wrong about that though, as the stuff on the valve cover breather side was all thick, gunky oil.
But if i use that intake set up the breather line has no where to go because the intake doesnt have a spot for it so if i use the single on the pcv what do i do with the breather line?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I explained why you need at least one in another thread, so I won't go in to that here.
Yeah, we've got the same questions being asked and answered in two separate threads. I think they should either be merged or one of them locked down.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, we've got the same questions being asked and answered in two separate threads. I think they should either be merged or one of them locked down.
if i use that intake set up the breather line has no where to go because the intake doesnt have a spot for it so if i use the single on the pcv what do i do with the breather line? i asked this question because one i understand the need for a catch can on the pvc side but if i put one there what about the intake side because the big gulp intake has no where for it to go

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I explained why you need at least one in another thread, so I won't go in to that here.
Mods can lock down this thread, I think we have a decent idea as to where and when we can expect certain vendors to provide us aftermarket parts...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts