Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some proper seats installed in my car, thought I would share. Two reasons for doing this:
  1. cloth is easier to care for
  2. my car is frequently in high g-force situations and I hate sliding around on the leather
With the help of a member in my facebook group, we were able to get some seat brackets made through Planted Technology.

I went with the Braum Racing Venom seats in black cloth with red stitching. They are reclineable and have good bolstering. However combined with the seat brackets and the included sliders, they sit fairly low. Probably OK for someone over 6' tall, but I am definitely not. So I have ordered 1" seat spacers from Braum to help with that. You will have an airbag light because of the removal of the stock seats. (and the airbags within) A 2.2 Ohm resistor works fine to get rid of the light for just replacing the driver's seat, but if you do both seats it gets a little more complicated. The car needs to see the occupancy sensor in the passenger seat to be happy. I am unsure of how to trick the car into thinking it is there, so I will be removing the sensor from the passenger seat (requires removing the leather cover on the seat bottom) and either installing it on the new seat or stuffing it underneath, not sure yet. Will update.

To replicate this install, you're looking at around $1,100 USD.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
300 Posts
Very nicely implemented! I see you could not wait for the Velo N seats? Either way, it does look good.
Can you tell me what brand of the mobile phone holder you are using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts