Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened July 31, 2020

First time linking a video to the forum, so let me know if it works out. I'll also thread pictures of the cars that got creamed. Luckily, no serious injuries. Scared me to death because my son was with me though. Military driver training came into effect lol. To get the full picture of what happened, you have to watch both videos.

Front cam :

Rear cam:

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Happened July 31, 2020

First time linking a video to the forum, so let me know if it works out. I'll also thread pictures of the cars that got creamed. Luckily, no serious injuries. Scared me to death because my son was with me though. Military driver training came into effect lol. To get the full picture of what happened, you have to watch both videos.

Front cam :

Rear cam:

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Whoa - glad to see you and your son are fine - hopefully everyone else is too! What in dash car cameras are you running? You always run front and rear?

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, everyone was (relatively) okay. The driver of the car that crossed the line had his head bounce off the pillar in the Mazda, so he was a bit bloody and confused, but EM'S released him at the scene. Remarkably, no one else was injured to the point that they needed an ambulance ride. That said, I'm pretty sure that if I didn't move, we would have. Notice that his car is actually half airborne as he goes by us, and his front end is pretty much intact. It was the SUV behind us that really crumpled his car (as can be seen in the pics).

The blue Toyota was the first he hit, the grey mazda was the car that came across at us, and the Escape on the tow truck is the one that was behind us.

Seems like we all made the best of a really shi**y situation.

Thinkware-f200

Came with front and rear, installed myself with the Thinkware hardwire kit. Starts automatically, so you never have to think about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts