Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Picking up a silver es with dct and premium package tomorrow. The car is a good blend of practical and sporty and has a nice bit of tech. The rebates were really the tipping point for me. Glad this site is here!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get the stick!! Buy a real transmission!! It will hold mods better too!

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello all. Picking up a silver es with dct and premium package tomorrow. The car is a good blend of practical and sporty and has a nice bit of tech. The rebates were really the tipping point for me. Glad this site is here!
Welcome to the forum! Get some picks up when you get it.

When you're ready to add a little performance check us out :)

www.sxthelement.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well Im not wrong

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well Im not wrong

We're all different, we all have different needs for the car. The DCT is a real transmission, just as a manual is. The DCT means faster 0-60 and better gas mileage. Plus some of us live in big cities and have to deal with city driving all day and would rather not have to deal with the clutch in stop and go traffic.

When someone makes a decision for them, let them enjoy their decision without making cocky pretentious remarks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
welcome to the family!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am enjoying this car so far. I haven't been able to go WOT very many times; mostly poking along in traffic.
I might fashion some kind of pad to put on the edge of the center console for my right knee because it seems to want to rest against that hard plastic. Any ideas are welcome.
I just want to get the windows tinted and some all weather mats for now.
This car looks so much better in person than it does in the reviews!

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is a 600 mile break-in period, so try not to WOT until you've hit 600 miles. Hyundai recommends driving no less than 10 minute drives for the first 600 miles, varying throttle, keeping rpms between 2k and 4k. Avoid long drives at a sustained speed, avoid drives where the car doesn't fully warm up. Also with turbocharged cars you want to avoid WOT until the car is at temp too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We're all different, we all have different needs for the car. The DCT is a real transmission, just as a manual is. The DCT means faster 0-60 and better gas mileage. Plus some of us live in big cities and have to deal with city driving all day and would rather not have to deal with the clutch in stop and go traffic.

When someone makes a decision for them, let them enjoy their decision without making cocky pretentious remarks.
Yup. I deal with traffic on the freeways all the time and this is one of the reasons why I opted for the DCT in mine!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am enjoying this car so far. I haven't been able to go WOT very many times; mostly poking along in traffic.
I might fashion some kind of pad to put on the edge of the center console for my right knee because it seems to want to rest against that hard plastic. Any ideas are welcome.
I just want to get the windows tinted and some all weather mats for now.
This car looks so much better in person than it does in the reviews!
It sure does! Mine looks just like the one in the banner up top but tinted :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts