Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is someone 100% sure what the offset on the 2018 Elantra Sport Turbo with the 18x7.5 wheels? Also, I have a set of 18x8.5 +38 rims that will go on car if they fit. For offsets I have heard everything from 55 to 45 as stock offsets.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Is someone 100% sure what the offset on the 2018 Elantra Sport Turbo with the 18x7.5 wheels? Also, I have a set of 18x8.5 +38 rims that will go on car if they fit. For offsets I have heard everything from 55 to 45 as stock offsets.
55mm is stock offset. There's a "stock wheel specs" thread around here somewhere. Your wheels will fit, but they will poke outside the fenders. On a daily driver that sees no track time, I would recommend an 18x8 +45-50mm which will get you pretty close to flush.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The smaller the offset the more the wheel moves "out". My rims (DW481881513573) are 35 mm and poke out juuuuuuust a little bit. It changes the performance and handling so be careful.
With my new rims i immediately noticed that steering effort increased slightly.
I'm not terribly worried about it ATM and I might not make any corrections until all the mods are in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.