Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I've been reading as much as possible about some potential mods but I have some newbie questions. I've read that the ecu in the car is "progressive" which I guess means it basically works to keep everything balanced. So, if more air is introduced via a larger intake or the exhaust is made less restrictive won't the car just adapt to those changes? I'm not looking to rebuild or modify the entire car, I really like it the way it is except for how restricted the power output is. Just wondering if the simple bolt on mods are enough to make any real and sustainable power or if the ecu must be tuned as well?? Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
We are still getting into the ECU to sort out all the info so I can only base this answer off what we know about the previous Veloster turbo ECU. The ES's ECU process should be very similar.

Properly designed bolt on parts that increase airflow will increase torque/power in your engine.

The ECU has limiters in it that can possibly be met with too much airflow (and there are probably more and different kinds for other than airflow).
with a proper tune, the limiters can be raised so you can take full advantage of your bolt on parts.

That's a super simple way of putting it. Tuning will be the biggest improvement you can make on this car.

With that being said, part of our development plan is adding every performance part we can to see how far you can go before these limiters kick in.

Our intake system makes power, and the car won't "tune it out." There will be a point where you get so much better airflow the car won't make anymore power because if the limiters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts