Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot figure out why they chose to color the key fob BROWN. Everything about the interior is angular and black, The exterior is also more angular and not brown anywhere. Why does it have a curvy brown key? The color and shape combined kind of make it look like a chicken nugget or even a turd. I think it is absolutely hideous.
I attempted to wrap my key fob but it didn't turn out great due to the difficult round shape. Does anybody have any ideas how to remedy this? Key fob cases, wraps, paint?

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I actually like it, but that's from coming from a blank key, to an after market alarm fob, then the key with buttons, to a downgraded two piece key then fob. I guess I'm just happy to finally have a push to start fob.

I do like your end product though! I was actually thinking of dipping mine, but that's just my fascination with being able to dip things. All black might look a bit meh though to me.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I don't mind it. From a short distance it looks like it's wrapped in brown leather, which is probably the look they were going for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't care for it either but, its in my pocket all time. So doesn't matter that much to change it. Who shows off their key FOB?
Piggybacking on this, only time that matters is if there is a Lamborghini seal on it. And even then it's almost trivial(whether it makes my pants spontaneously tighter or not)

·
Registered
214 Posts
i havent liked it from the day i bought the car and i was a littke surprised by it too. brown seriously? why not black. it is an ugly color. not a huge deal but still ugly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't care for it either but, its in my pocket all time. So doesn't matter that much to change it. Who shows off their key FOB?
Piggybacking on this, only time that matters is if there is a Lamborghini seal on it. And even then it's almost trivial(whether it makes my pants spontaneously tighter or not)
I know what you mean, although I usually wear my key on a lanyard around my neck. It just makes me wonder why they couldn't use a design that somewhat matches the car like the g80 sport fob. I wonder if one of those could be programmed to work with the Elantra... Meh I guess I don't care that much. I'm sure nobody else notices haha.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know what you mean, although I usually wear my key on a lanyard around my neck. It just makes me wonder why they couldn't use a design that somewhat matches the car like the g80 sport fob. I wonder if one of those could be programmed to work with the Elantra... Meh I guess I don't care that much. I'm sure nobody else notices haha.
I had to read this twice lol. Do you really wear the key fob around your neck?
I?m not a fan of the color either. Thought about buying a cover for it that I saw on eBay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The color and shape combined kind of make it look like a chicken nugget or even a turd.
Chicken Nugget, that's what I'm gunna call mine now, haha! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
No issue with it. I actually like it.

My husband, on the other hand, hates it. But I think it's more attractive than his 15 Optima Hybrid fob.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm assuming that if Amazon Canada carries these, then so does Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.ca/Coolbestda-Si...50&sr=8-1&keywords=2017+elantra+key+fob+cover

There are also numerous leather wrap options.

I was amused when I saw the color. Don't like it, but my wife drives an Elantra GT with black proximity keys, so it makes it easy to tell them apart.
Thanks for the link! I'm going to pick one of these up. I run often and usually have to put my key in the back pocket of my shorts, so a silicone protector is the perfect thing to keep the the fob's crevices from getting all disgusting due to sweat. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had to read this twice lol. Do you really wear the key fob around your neck?
I'm having mine surgically implanted under my skin, but first I'm getting it wrapped in Ferrari yellow.

Reactions: bmc333

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its trivial I know but I did a double take when the dealer handed me the key and was like, "wtf is this brown???" Agreed with the turd/nugget look, drives me nuts not matching the black interior even though the key is always in my pocket lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't mind the color, but it does seem a little odd. I ordered black silicone covers nonetheless to protect them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts