Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since owning this car for a little over 4 months now it appears that most ppl on the roads dont even know that the es exists. Ive surprised a few ppl on the street with it. For example, Ive pulled on a 2 8th gen civic si's, a 6th gen si, 2 integras, kept up with a couple of v6 mustangs and trucks..

A few of those drivers seemed taken aback by it and i believe its because when they see an elantra they dont think of a quick or peppy car, so when it keeps up with their car or beats it theyre like "wtf?".

Again i think its because the sport model is so rare most ppl havent heard of it yet, even a lot of other car guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think people just don't really pay much attention to sleeper brands like Hyundai. Most of what you see are German cars and models from the larger Japanese manufacturers like Toyota and Honda. When something from Hyundai make them take notice, they wonder what it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nothing like creaming some smart ass in style and grace while his Toyota GT86 with his muffler deleted making all the noise in the world.

Reactions: Mohkx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kept close to a '16 370z with intake and exhaust the other day in my ES. He probably could have pulled on my with a little more road, but I was surprised at how close the ES was and so was he! With a few more mods, this car could surprise a lot of people!

Reactions: Mohkx

·
Registered
83 Posts
Kept close to a '16 370z with intake and exhaust the other day in my ES. He probably could have pulled on my with a little more road, but I was surprised at how close the ES was and so was he! With a few more mods, this car could surprise a lot of people!
I was driving a G35 before the ES. Yeah, 300hp, but HEAVY. The ES actually gets faster 0-60 times than the G35/350z does. We'd stay slightly ahead if not head to head until 80mph or so, then the G35/350z would start to inch away. But the G35 also got 17mpg city, 24 hwy; so it was a very easy decision to get the ES. Plus with all the great work Tork is doing, it won't be hard to beef them up and be able to stay ahead of much more expensive cars who think its just a slow hyundai.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts