Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depends how much times you plan to keep the car.

If it is more than the factory warranty, it is a big question. When do you thing cars broke more. In the first year? In the first 4-5 years or after the base warranty expired?

I work in the warranty world and you can’t imagine how many claims we have.

Reactions: ESnotLexus

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nope. In my experience, they’re a big waste of money. I get a 5 year warranty with the car which covers the period of time I’m paying for it. I do plan to keep the car 7-8 years, but by the time it’s paid off, the car payment is going in the bank. If something major happens after that I can opt to offload the car or pay out of pocket. I do plan to look after it with regular maintenance and reasonable care in driving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. Credit union wants it for the longer loans and you can refund any unused portion of you trade in early. Base warranty is 4/50 only the powertrain is 10/100 currently at 33months and 28k miles.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yes. Credit union wants it for the longer loans and you can refund any unused portion of you trade in early. Base warranty is 4/50 only the powertrain is 10/100 currently at 33months and 28k miles.
Base warranty is 5 year 60k miles. Assuming you are in the US.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just revisiting this, now with my new to me 3 year old CPO ES, would it be worth it to get a Hyundai factory extended warranty (HPP)? I've emailed me dealer to get a price on it since they are the only ones that can sell it to me...I've asked my CU and they offer one, and plan to get a quote from Carchex since they are able to sell them in Cali, and not Endurance nor Carshield maybe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I added GAP protection through my insurance for around $450 since my insurance doesn't offer it. So I'm still shopping for an extended warranty. the Hyundai dealer's price for the Platinum plan is $2200, which obviously is insane and they said that cost was $1900 which is lol.

Carchex also wanted around $2000 for a complete coverage warranty, so the only options I have on the table is through my credit union via Mercury Insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts