Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have to say, the cover does give it a nice finished look under the hood and hides the filter. That being said, I find it interesting that they are calling it a CAI (Unless Torcon thinks that putting that cover over a ram intake transforms it into a CAI LOL), when in reality, it goes to where the stock airbox would normally sit - just like SXTH's SRI or Torks Big Gulp - both of which are almost half the price and give the option of being powder coated to your color preference.

The extra price might be for the two ports that they put on to allow you to vent your breather and recirc valve back into the intake - both of which you would then have to plug if you were running an OCC and a BOV.

I wouldn't mind a cover plate like that just to protect the filter element and give the engine compartment a nice finished look. Maybe Tork or SXTH should come up with a cover plate - looks like Torcon is charging $50 US for it. Still would be cheaper to buy instead from SXTH or Tork and save a couple of hundred - enough to pay for a nice sway bar, or a cold side intake pipe, or a muffler delete, or a resonator delete, or ...

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, the cover does give the whole intake a nice finished look. It might not be airtight, but seems that it also factors in the original cold air intake from the factory box (piece from the cross member).

It would be good if the USA guys (Tork or Sxth) were to fabricate something similar. Bet you a lot of people would go for the covered option.

Tork and Sxth people, read this thread, and make it happen!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Off topic but...What's with the crazy ground wiring (assumption) in some of the pics of the linked site?

·
Registered
90 Posts
........Wait. They want an EXTRA $50 for NO filter?!?!

Someone is either the worst at explainations, or seriously on drugs and should go out of business.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, I decided to get an intake. I considered all that was available. I narrowed it down to the AEM Cold Air Intake, or the Torcon. I decided to go with the Torcon.

I liked the look of the cover, giving it a nice finished look, and the black matted finish of it all. Sort of gives it a factory style tuned look.

Anyway, it looks good, sounds good, and thought I would share it with you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
What's the cover material made from? Looks really nice!

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also have the Torcon intake pipe & heat shield.. I am very happy the way that it turned out.. Though mine is on the i30 SR (Elantra GT) rather than the Elantra Sport

The shield does help keeping out the heat. After a drive, you can feel that the filter is cool to the touch. A lot cooler than it was without the shield.

I found the pricing for me here in Australia to be cheaper than getting one of the others from the US. As postage from the US to Australia is fairly expensive.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.