Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know I Know, juvenile 0-60, not a perfect measure of performance blah blah. ;)
Post your score! (and any mods)

stock DCT in fiery red (unfair because its red? maybe) , Sports mode selected, flat surface smooth road surface. 2 runs

6.45 seconds
6.42 seconds

This car is almost unbelievably quick for what it is. really does pick up with that low end torque.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I Know I Know, juvenile 0-60, not a perfect measure of performance blah blah. ;)

stock DCT in fiery red (unfair because its red? maybe) , Sports mode selected, flat surface smooth road surface. 2 runs

6.45 seconds
6.42 seconds

This car is almost unbelievably quick for what it is. really does pick up with that low end torque.
I saw a few Youtube videos on the 6-spd manual is around 7.23 Seconds. I would say about right. The throw is a little long for me.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I saw a few Youtube videos on the 6-spd manual is around 7.23 Seconds. I would say about right. The throw is a little long for me.
I think they need a new driver. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'll be going to the local 1/8 mile track on the regular to test my skills and parts now that we have moved. Should give some good data for acceleration!

·
Registered
12 Posts

6.45 seconds
6.42 seconds

Go for another run, but manually shift into 2nd. Click the paddle at 6000 RPM. Shifting into 3rd, click the paddle at 6250 RPM. You may see an improvement. I noticed that the transmission doesn't react to the quick-climbing revs fast enough, and the car falls flat between first and second. When I shift it manually, boost is fully held and I continue the rocket to 60. I will try to do another run today to see if I can best my old time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm almost a mile above sea level in Utah, which has a substantial negative affect on acceleration times because of air density. I used an OBD Bluetooth adapter with the torque app to time, I got around 7.6 seconds with the DCT, flooring it in drive. It seems like a letdown, but that number is somewhat impressive considering the elevation.

For reference, my brother's 08 G35xS tested 7.4 seconds, and my 14 1.4t cruze tested around 9.3 seconds (same method/location on both)
I've gathered that turbocharged cars are about 1 second slower to 60 at high elevation, and naturally aspirated cars lose around 2 seconds.

This is only really relevant if you live in a place with high elevation such as Utah or Colorado.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is only really relevant if you live in a place with high elevation such as Utah or Colorado.
I had a dodge srt4 when I lived in South Jordan and would drive it to visit my family and friends here in Seattle. It was so fun getting into town and seeing how much more responsive the car handles.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a dodge srt4 when I lived in South Jordan and would drive it to visit my family and friends here in Seattle. It was so fun getting into town and seeing how much more responsive the car handles.
Yeah I drove the cruze to phoenix last summer when I had it, I was still a thousand feet up but the difference was still noticeable. Excited to take the Elantra down there next month ? I love the SRT-4!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts