Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else lives near or in Chicago. I'm about 1 1/2 hours from there. I live in Rockford. It would be nice to meet up or if we could find enough people to do a group tune session once they're available (if Sxth or Tork would be willing to do that.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been waiting to hear if anyone else bought one around here. I live in Belvidere, but work in Rockford. Would definitely be up for meeting up at some point.

This is not only the first turbo car I've owned, but also the first new car I've owned. I have never modded/tuned a car previously, but it is something I'm thinking about doing down the line. For now I'm just keeping an eye on what's available.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been waiting to hear if anyone else bought one around here. I live in Belvidere, but work in Rockford. Would definitely be up for meeting up at some point.

This is not only the first turbo car I've owned, but also the first new car I've owned. I have never modded/tuned a car previously, but it is something I'm thinking about doing down the line. For now I'm just keeping an eye on what's available.
Awesome! So close. My brother lives in Belvidere, I know of two other people here in Rockford that own the ES that work at theblocal Hyundai dealership. What color did you get?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I end up getting a silver one with the DCT. They had it on the lot when I went to do my test drive and I had to bring it home :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, live 20 minutes from the city. I drove to Boucher Hyundai in Wisconsin to get mine. Only dealership within 75 miles with manual and premium package.

·
Registered
121 Posts

I live in Elk Grove Village and would love to meet up sometime! I need to see and hear what people have done to these cars inperson before I make a move. I've seen a charcoal gray one with a red trimmed grill surround in my area, anyone here?

·
Registered
2019 ES 6mt
22 Posts
Late to the party but doesn't look like there's much activity. I'm down for a local meet / cruise to a Supercar Saturday or other weekend event. Weekdays I'm free after. I do however have a 2019, love or hate the design. I look forward to installing a JunBL exhaust in July. No performance mods yet. but I did disconnect the BPV and am enjoying the "Shwooshh".

Cheers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah it seems very quiet here but maybe because I'm not on FaceSpace I'm missing all the action. I usually attend SCS but I'm not looking forward to going to the one at the Streets of Woodfield version, its a huge mistake having it there. I attend Fuel Fed events in Winnetka and Hinsdale, as well as the cars and coffee at Calibre which is every Sunday, this one is usually about 30 cars and kinda like a "Cheers" type event, has a usual group that shows up but everyone is very nice here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe a Ddubs somewhere "central" for everyone, or atleast right off the expressway making it easy, now just to pick a place and date and let's get to it. I'd like to see a Saturday afternoon myself, or a little later in the day on a Saturday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts