Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after just a few months the engine bay looks like a year or 2 old from the layers of dirt. i dont see how it gets so dirty there is no opening i notice to the engine bay and i have my cover on underneath (which is a major pain in the @ss to take on and off).

anyways yeah. the engine bay gets dirty to quickly.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yes it does. My local car wash has compressed air sprayers so I try to blow it off and wipe it down once a month.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Heck yes! I cant believe just driving in the rain how dirty the right side got. I mean WOW! I looks like i went mudding while my car was inside out? My 2011 Elantra engine bay never got this dirty the entire 5 years i owned her. I have had this ES for 4 months:( Glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the world of functional aerodynamics. Air and dirt is let in through the front vents where our LED DRLs are located. That dirt doesn't really have anywhere to go since there is that plastic cover on the bottom.

It's annoying, but at least we can say we have functional aero like the Type R. Haha.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the world of functional aerodynamics. Air and dirt is let in through the front vents where our LED DRLs are located. That dirt doesn't really have anywhere to go since there is that plastic cover on the bottom.

It's annoying, but at least we can say we have functional aero like the Type R. Haha.
another good reason to just keep that fuggin bottom cover off. it is such a pain in the @ss to take off and put back on every time i need to do something under the car.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

The air that enters under the DRL's exits in the wheel well, it doesn't go to the engine bay.

another good reason to just keep that fuggin bottom cover off. it is such a pain in the @ss to take off and put back on every time i need to do something under the car.
It's there for aerodynamics, to prevent air from going around the radiator instead of through it, and to keep things from jumping up off the road way and hitting something important. Its in your best interest to keep it on as frustrating as it is. I even went to a Nissan dealer yesterday and bought better plastic clips to hold it on as the stock ones are super cheap and flimsy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts