Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the chip shortage, everything is worth more. Had I waited to purchase my ES, I probably wouldn't do it since I would be paying $2-3K more if I bought now.

Anyone consider selling theirs or have sold now to take advantage of the market? Its just like the housing market, people are jumping in to take advantage of the lower mortgage rates while the prices have really risen...for fun, I put my car into Carvana or Shift (one of those two) and got a trade-in value to pretty close to what I paid.

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
74 Posts
nope. paid for my car cash and not as an investment haha. I know it's a depreciating asset but I bought it for smiles per gallon. I'm going to try to baby this car and take care of it as long as possible. it has all the tech and features I'll need for the next several years I believe

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
nope. paid for my car cash and not as an investment haha. I know it's a depreciating asset but I bought it for smiles per gallon. I'm going to try to baby this car and take care of it as long as possible. it has all the tech and features I'll need for the next several years I believe
Yeah, I'm planning to keep this thing for at least 7-10 years, for now as a daily. I'm new to my Hyundai after driving Toyotas that were obviously reliable. I wanted to jump on another used Toyota, Lexus or Scion to have aside my ES but obviously used car prices are bonkers now so I'm only passively looking for one. I figure maybe in a few years when I have more $, I might also lease a newer car too in order to preserve it since I do like that the ES while having a good infotainment still has the manual and a real handbrake that is disappearing on mostly everything now.

I suppose the SD in your user name is San Diego? I gotta take my ES down there...I've been going down there in the past few months during COVID for workcations, but have to drive the folks' boring Lexuses.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looking at the market now, a base 2018 with low mileage is as much as one with all the discounts from back then
And one with high mileage :unsure:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I paid $18,960 for my '17 6MT base package new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just looking at the market now, a base 2018 with low mileage is as much as one with all the discounts from back then
And one with high mileage :unsure:
The two black ones have some "issues" too. The one at the Nissan dealer wasn't even washed before they listed it and the tires are 235s. I guess the owner wanted some more sidewall?? The second black one seems to be missing a muffler.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two black ones have some "issues" too. The one at the Nissan dealer wasn't even washed before they listed it and the tires are 235s. I guess the owner wanted some more sidewall?? The second black one seems to be missing a muffler.
LOL, the cars are so hot, they snap photos to get them listed before they can even wash the cars.

The one with the meatier tire looks to have a SXTH Element black shift knob, or at least something aftermarket. The OEM knobs seem to wear out too fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts