Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced issues with apple car play not reading the messages. I have noticed this issue couple of times where I receive the message, carplay tries to read it but doesnt read. It quits reading it. Is there something with our car or is it a known issue with carplay.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would only guess that it is something to do with connection or somehow your home button is being pressed and it cancels it out, which is what I do so I can read the message and still listen to my podcast or audio book or whatever.

That being said, I would only assume its the connection. I had it once where CarPlay just wouldn't load anything from the screen, I had to preload everything from my phone and that was only fixed when I switched my phone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Something similar (to OP) happens to me in Android Auto. Sometimes when I'm driving through an area with spotty reception, I'll get a notification that I have a message and it'll try to open it but then it will fail because it lost the data connection. Maybe the same thing happens with CarPlay? Maybe the message isn't downloaded until I try to open it or maybe the text to speech is done remotely instead of on my phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.