Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no doubt that this thing looks mean. ARK and Hyundai came together to creat the Ark Road Racer Elantra Concept that is at SEMA 2016. Found a list of key modifications done to it via AutoSpies.com

Powertrain

Custom ARK turbo kit using Xcargot XT26 turbocharger
ARK downpipe and GRiP exhaust system
Turbosmart blow-off valve and wastegate

Suspension

ARK DT-P coil-over system and ARK front strut tower bar
ARK front and rear performance anti-roll bars
ARK front big brake kit
Nitto Tire NT05 summer tires

Exterior

ARK Solus wide body kit and ARK lightweight forged wheels
Fiere Customs full vinyl wrap
APR Performance front splitter

Interior

Custom diamond-stitched interior
Custom sport steering wheel by ARK

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is exactly the sort of thing Hyundai needs happening for the ES. When entering a market as competitive as what the Civic sits in its not exactly easy to stand out.

Out of what they did here, what do you guys want? To start, i'm all about performance so as you can guess it... ARK DT-P coil-over system and ARK front strut tower bar for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely a more performance oriented guy myself, but more in the sense of the Turbo kit. So the turbo kit, and the exhaust components. I would take the coils as well to help with traction issues and grab a set of radials.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lol it's great that we all want different pieces of this!

I want the widebody kit with wheels to go with. I'll definitely need those coil overs as well. Hard parked haha !

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it, but by then my car will be modified to my tastes and I probably won't care about it. lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it, but by then my car will be modified to my tastes and I probably won't care about it. lol
I'm with grins...Hyundai's N division boss said their next car will be bringing the new turbo hatch engine/trans to an existing car in their lineup. Sonata isn't sporty enough looking, so my guess is they will be releasing an Elantra trim to combat the WRX and Focus RS. I would definitely put my nickle down for one.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I'm with grins...Hyundai's N division boss said their next car will be bringing the new turbo hatch engine/trans to an existing car in their lineup. Sonata isn't sporty enough looking, so my guess is they will be releasing an Elantra trim to combat the WRX and Focus RS. I would definitely put my nickle down for one.
Well there's roughly a $10k difference between the WRX and Focus RS, though I would hope they go more towards the WRX side. Any more than that gets expensive and way out of a lot of people's budgets.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well there's roughly a $10k difference between the WRX and Focus RS, though I would hope they go more towards the WRX side. Any more than that gets expensive and way out of a lot of people's budgets.
True enough... I would hope for a 2.0t going after the WRX rather than the mid $30K WRX/Focus RS territory.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
True enough... I would hope for a 2.0t going after the WRX rather than the mid $30K WRX/Focus RS territory.
Focus RS is like $36k starting. Then find one without a dealer markup. The STi is around the same price. Regular WRX starts at $26k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts