Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the premium audio system and it seems whenever I use my phone to play music it is quieter than the XM radio even when at the same volume. The Bluetooth is really only slightly noticeable with the subwoofer when I play hip-hop and rap and the apple car play is very noticeable overall with speakers and subwoofer when playing hip-hop and rap along with when I listen to punk and hardcore. I have an iphone 6s and use spotify as my streaming app, dont know if that matters in case its an apple issue. Is anyone else having this issue or am I just crazy about this? Sorry if there is already something on this but I didn't come across it when I searched.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use bluetooth streaming on mine. I have never tried a physical wired connection of any sort. But there is a difference in volume between sources. Also I noticed that when I had an LG G6 that was pretty loud over bluetooth, but now that I have started using Samsung S9+ this device seems to be a bit quieter but sound is more customizable with equalizers which the LG did not support over bluetooth. Maybe the equalizer is another reason why it seems quiet. I guess different devices have their own characteristics. You could check if the sound is being send through some kind of filter like an equalizer and disable that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For mine (S7 Edge), I have to nearly max out the Bluetooth Media volume on the phone in order to set my head unit's volume at 20 or so to be loud enough to drown out wind/tire noise. HD radio is WAY louder, requiring only about 12-14 on the head unit's volume for equivalent levels.

If I use the headphone jack, I again pump up the Media volume on the phone, but in this instance it's to get the output level to function more line a line source (better sound).

Just a thought...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use bluetooth streaming on mine. I have never tried a physical wired connection of any sort. But there is a difference in volume between sources. Also I noticed that when I had an LG G6 that was pretty loud over bluetooth, but now that I have started using Samsung S9+ this device seems to be a bit quieter but sound is more customizable with equalizers which the LG did not support over bluetooth. Maybe the equalizer is another reason why it seems quiet. I guess different devices have their own characteristics. You could check if the sound is being send through some kind of filter like an equalizer and disable that.
I played around with the equalizers in Spotify mainly changing all the streaming quality as high as it can go and used bass booster to make it almost equal to XM radio. It helped enough were I'm content listening to it over apple car play again where I don't feel like I'm loosing anything. thanks man!

For mine (S7 Edge), I have to nearly max out the Bluetooth Media volume on the phone in order to set my head unit's volume at 20 or so to be loud enough to drown out wind/tire noise. HD radio is WAY louder, requiring only about 12-14 on the head unit's volume for equivalent levels.

If I use the headphone jack, I again pump up the Media volume on the phone, but in this instance it's to get the output level to function more line a line source (better sound).

Just a thought...
That's a pretty good idea, if I can get one to borrow from a friend I may give it a try just to see if it works and then buy my own. Unfortunately since I have an iphone it might not activate apple car play though through headphone jack. Unless you're saying use the headphone jack as a supplement along with the white iphone cable used for charging, if that's possible to run both. I'm not that good with audio stuff so if I confused what you were saying my bad haha but thanks for the feedback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.