Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have 2017 Sport with the base package. The audio seems to be little quiet for some sources. Also the bass is a little lite. Being that I am 42 and not look to be annoying, but what are my option for adding a small subwoofer in our car without going overboard. Also are there any options to increase audio levels per source.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You could always install a JL shallow mount stealthbox or something. Don't require much to power and they don't take up a lot of room at all.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
There's a hole in the rear deck for the sub that comes with the premium package, you could put one in there. Won't take up any trunk room.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's a hole in the rear deck for the sub that comes with the premium package, you could put one in there. Won't take up any trunk room.
Hm.... wonder what that would entail.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just changed out the front and rear door speakers, Didn't really add bass but added a lot of clarity in all low/mid/high freqs, plus goes a fair bit louder without distortion.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You will need adapters to get them to fit, the stock speakers come with quite a large shroud/surround for a 6.5" speaker.

Aside from that just about anything will sound way better, I used 2 way in the back and splits in the front. I'll try track down the models I bought.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do the stock front 'split' speakers have an external crossover? Is it mounted in the door?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wonder if the 7 inch specialty speakers would fit better??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts