Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a part number for the switches themselves, or could a guy transfer in auto up/downs for all four on the driver door control pod? For that matter, replacing all 7 of them to auto up/downs would be ideal.

This is one of those things that they could be putting in every single car as standard, and for whatever silly reason they don't. It isn't a 'luxury feature' to me in the slightest, and trying to sell it as one is ludacris. We have had this technology for decades, and should have been standard equipment for years now, on every trim level of every car with power windows.

This is one of those little details that Hyundai/Kia/Genesis could be doing before all other players in the game, and move the product further ahead in value.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is one of those things that they could be putting in every single car as standard, and for whatever silly reason they don't. It isn't a 'luxury feature' to me in the slightest, and trying to sell it as one is ludacris. We have had this technology for decades, and should have been standard equipment for years now, on every trim level of every car with power windows. .
Can't agree with you more. My wife and I recently switched to Hyundai's from the VW's we used to drive. Standard on even the lowest end cars is auto up/down on both front windows. They also have a feature where you can open all your windows from outside the car by putting your key in the door lock, holding it to open for 2 seconds - all four windows open. Also, if you shut your car off and realize you have left a window open or the sunroof, put the key in the lock, turn to lock for 2 seconds and all open windows close, even the sunroof.

I can't understand why that kind of simple tech can't be loaded into every vehicle sold today.

A fellow forum member sent me this link:

https://www.hyundaioemparts.com/

You should be able to find the part numbers on there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They also have a feature where you can open all your windows from outside the car by putting your key in the door lock, holding it to open for 2 seconds - all four windows open. Also, if you shut your car off and realize you have left a window open or the sunroof, put the key in the lock, turn to lock for 2 seconds and all open windows close, even the sunroof.
In my 2009 A4, 2012 GTI and more recently, 2015 S3, I used my remote (key fob) to open or close all the windows from outside the car. I miss the one touch for ALL windows too....wrong place to cut corners Hyundai!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I highly doubt you can just replace the switches and have it work. I would guess there would be additional wires needed for the safety circuit on the auto up. Also the switch would need another signal wire coming in for the two functions of manually rolling the window down versus rolling it down automatically. The computer would also have to have the capacity for extra signal inputs and know what to do with them.

The extra wiring, programming, and more expensive switchgear are a valid deterrent for Hyundai. This is still an economy car that sells at a low price. Every little bit of savings helps. Especially when you multiply that small savings by the number of cars produced.

However, it would be cool to just be able to swap in a few switches and get that functionality.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The extra wiring, programming, and more expensive switchgear are a valid deterrent for Hyundai. This is still an economy car that sells at a low price. Every little bit of savings helps. Especially when you multiply that small savings by the number of cars produced.
They could have included it with the Premium package tho...I'm a bit salty about that

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Yeah, as someone the works for a manufacture, they seriously nickel and dime the crap out of everything. Even something that costs them 25 cents per car adds up to hundreds of thousands of dollars when cars are produced in the quantity they are these days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are a number of products like in the link below on the market. I'm a few months away from doing a complete sound treatment to my ES, and when I do so I will be adding something along these lines to gain 4-window auto-up/down functionality to the car. It's a pity this wasn't a factory inclusion or option, but as stated on this thread, this wouldn't maximize profits, so they cheaped out on this. I can't really argue with the logic of this on an affordable car model, but it would have been a nice addition.

07-10 i30 Auto-Window Relay Kit - Shark Racing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.