Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just 3000 miles on a 2018 Elantra Sport Turbo (automatic transmission). On about 7 occasions while driving, the car shifts out of Drive and into 1st or 2nd gear, without me doing anything. When I take my foot off the gas or come to a complete stop, transmission changes back to Drive without my intervention.

This has happened at various speeds (10 MPH - 70 MPH). I had the dealer check and they found no transmission codes. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 13500 on my 2017 Elantra Sport Turbo (automatic transmission) and Ive been having the same problem with my car shifting out of Drive and into 1st or 2nd gear, without me doing anything. I first noticed it around around 2,500 miles. ive honestley lost track of how meny times its done it to me.

theses actually a technical service bulletin for harsh/ and or delayed shifting for the elentra sport (18-AT-004). my friend who works at Infiniti took a picture of the TSB because its not free but I've been meaning to take it to the dealership and bring it up to them but I just haven't had the time. When I do I'll post the results here.

hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
attachment broken
That is the for 6-speed automatic in the non-Sport models. It would be nice to see the applicable model listing at the bottom there.

The Sport has a 7-speed dual clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
that's what I thought too but my friend called a huyndai tech and spoke to him about the car and he informed him that they don't make 7 speed automatic, they only make it in a 6 speed with overdrive. The overdrive acts as the 7th gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Nope, sounds like the Hyundai tech needs to find a new job. The Sport has a 7-speed dual clutch. Also, I'm not really going to pay much attention to the TSB popping up for the 1.6 Turbo if the TSB itself says 6-speed auto and the car isn't on the applicable model listing. (which we can't see, tell him to scroll down...)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I m on DCT, not sure how you can see which gears you are in unless you touch the paddle shifter. all you can see is "D" in auto mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts