Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this isn't a big thing, however I sure would like to solve it as it is a nuisance.

The car beeps (and lights flash) when doing things like locking and unlocking doors, and particularly when the hands free trunk opening happens (three beeps). In our 2014 Elantra GT, I managed to silence these somehow, but I can't remember how and don't see any options in the menus to do this in this model. Surprising, because there is a customization menu for just about everything else, which is great by the way!

I search on the internet and there are various suggestions like pushing lock and panic buttons on the fob, pushing lock and unlock at the same time, holding the lock button. None of these seem to be about the 2017 Elantra though, and maybe not even about other Hyundais.

Any ideas how to silence the noises? Obviously I want to keep the lights flashing part when locking, unlocking or opening the trunk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bump!

Has anyone found a solution? Just picked up my 2018 ES two hours ago and can't turn it off with lock/unlock being held down on the fob.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Pretty sure it's impossible.

Not sure why people want to silence it? I like the beep way more than a horn, gives it a premium feel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just hate to attract attention at night in my neighborhood. It's worlds quieter than the horn but still just a little too loud for my taste.

Also weird thing: When holding lock and unlock on the fob I got the blinkers to blink 3/4 times but it doesn't seem like that actually did anything. When using the fob to lock and unlock i still get a chirp either way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also don't like the beeping noise, especially if I get out of my car with the engine running. I read that the speaker that makes the beep is behind the driver side fender liner and you should be able to take the screws/clips out and move the liner back and there should be a small green speaker and all you have to do is unplug it. I will be trying this soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts