Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know why the trunk beeps for like 5 long seconds when the trunk is closed from being opened? It's not every time either. Drives me nuts. Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does anybody know why the trunk beeps for like 5 long seconds when the trunk is closed from being opened? It's not every time either. Drives me nuts. Thanks
Trunk proximity alert to open the trunk. It senses the key. You can turn it off. Y going into the setting on the dash

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can turn it off? The beep? I turned of the hands free trunk. It still beeps every now and again. Are you saying you can turn off justvthe beep?

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's a long solid beep, not the 3 beeps warming the trunks about to open.
Do you have the car on and your key in your pocket?

If so the beeping you hear is letting you know the car is running but the key is not being detected.

That can't be turned off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This happens at very random times. The long 5-10 second solid beep tone. Now tonight for the first time this long beep tone would sound when trunk was closed and all doors closed when I would lock it from the handle button. So annoying. I wish there was a way to silence the beeping!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ended it by disconnecting the chime it is near engine fuse box, feels like a relay and looks like a relay. There is another for horn and another one for alarm.
No more chime when unlocking or anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts