Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2018 Elantra Sport DCT and I'm looking to start mods with a CAI.

What CAI's have people gone with and how have they worked for you? Anything to avoid?

What are my options, really, I'm fairly new to this :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the intakes on the market are not true "cold air" intakes. The filter is still in the engine bay. With that said, for unmatched quality I recommend SXTH Element. Available in a few configurations and thousands of colors.

Hyundai Elantra Sport and 2nd Gen VT Short Ram Intake by SXTH Element

Sadly out of stock!

This brings up another question of short Ram Intake vs CAI? I understand they serve similar needs to a certain point but what are their differences?

Also, suggestions on this: https://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?prod=69-5317TS

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Sadly out of stock!

This brings up another question of short Ram Intake vs CAI? I understand they serve similar needs to a certain point but what are their differences?

Also, suggestions on this: https://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?prod=69-5317TS
SXTH is currently updating the breather port location and they should be available shortly.

A CAI on a turbo car doesn't help much since the turbo heats up the air anyway. The overall power difference is insignificant. CAI usually puts the filter outside of the engine bay, usually in the front fender area. SRI (short ram intake) keeps the filter in the engine bay.

The K&N intake does not have full 3" piping, which this car likes best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SXTH is currently updating the breather port location and they should be available shortly.

A CAI on a turbo car doesn't help much since the turbo heats up the air anyway. The overall power difference is insignificant. CAI usually puts the filter outside of the engine bay, usually in the front fender area. SRI (short ram intake) keeps the filter in the engine bay.

The K&N intake does not have full 3" piping, which this car likes best.

Thanks for the quick reply!

This is my first turbo I've owned and I'm still learning! haha

What I really want to achieve first is hearing that spool a bit more and a blow off noise that isn't too loud.

I've seen a few different ways people have gone on here (i.e. Not reconnecting the recirc hose) - any suggestions on blow offs?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply!

This is my first turbo I've owned and I'm still learning! haha

What I really want to achieve first is hearing that spool a bit more and a blow off noise that isn't too loud.

I've seen a few different ways people have gone on here (i.e. Not reconnecting the recirc hose) - any suggestions on blow offs?
If you don't want it to be too loud, I would suggest getting the recirculation port on the intake. SXTH also has options for aftermarket BOV's on their site. I recommend taking a look there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.