Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I purchased 2017 ES Galactic gray back in April and now it's got 7500 miles.

I have owned and driven 2002 accord sedan, 2006 TSX, 2007 Elantra sedan and 2012 Civic coupe before ES. (had a short stint with 2017 Impreza sport hatch but that car was painfully slow)

I purchased them all new, all 4 had been pretty reliable, great commuting car but all of them had some kind of defect from the very start. Interior creaking, rattles, wheel alignment problems, etc - you name it - I am being overly sensitive to those kind of defect (I am sure all of us here are) and this ES is the first vehicle that absolutely has no interior noise, creaks, rattles - none. Love the fact that it has more than enough get up and go, awesome exhaust sound (although it dies speeding up but that's a normal turbo stuff i guess), and its level of solidity is second to none.

Wish resale value was bit better but it does not matter as I plan to keep this for very long.

Anyway - hello to you all and looking forward to contributing. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi I purchased 2017 ES Galactic gray back in April and now it's got 7500 miles.

I have owned and driven 2002 accord sedan, 2006 TSX, 2007 Elantra sedan and 2012 Civic coupe before ES. (had a short stint with 2017 Impreza sport hatch but that car was painfully slow)

I purchased them all new, all 4 had been pretty reliable, great commuting car but all of them had some kind of defect from the very start. Interior creaking, rattles, wheel alignment problems, etc - you name it - I am being overly sensitive to those kind of defect (I am sure all of us here are) and this ES is the first vehicle that absolutely has no interior noise, creaks, rattles - none. Love the fact that it has more than enough get up and go, awesome exhaust sound (although it dies speeding up but that's a normal turbo stuff i guess), and its level of solidity is second to none.

Wish resale value was bit better but it does not matter as I plan to keep this for very long.

Anyway - hello to you all and looking forward to contributing. :)
Totally with you until last week, 6 weeks into ownership, and I swear something has come loose inside the dashboard. Unfortunately, I was so into the quality for the money that I am now obsessed with ridding myself of the noise. Such is life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts