Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wondering what is the best way to get the most power without getting a chip? I was thinking about Sxth Elements FMIC, Downpipe, and Short Ram Intake. At what point would further upgrades become irrelevant? Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Honestly just installing an intake and a muffler delete will do it. Stock ECU power limiters won't let you go much past that unfortunately. Car makes ~170-180whp stock. Limiters kick in around ~190-200whp. (numbers will vary depending on the dyno used)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
So the Fmic and downpipe would be overkill at that point? That's depressing -_-
You won't see max benefits from the downpipe without a tune. However, the FMIC is a good upgrade either way as the stock intercooler heat soaks pretty easily. It also improves the driveability of the car significantly even if you don't see much of a power increase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the Fmic and downpipe would be overkill at that point? That's depressing -_-
You won't see max benefits from the downpipe without a tune. However, the FMIC is a good upgrade either way as the stock intercooler heat soaks pretty easily. It also improves the driveability of the car significantly even if you don't see much of a power increase.

Yeah I was just thinking that myself lol. Probably gunna order the lower engine mount too. Time to put my tax returns to good use!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Honestly just installing an intake and a muffler delete will do it. Stock ECU power limiters won't let you go much past that unfortunately. Car makes ~170-180whp stock. Limiters kick in around ~190-200whp. (numbers will vary depending on the dyno used)
So what you're saying is a cold air and muffler (and resonator??) Delete will get you to that 190 to 200 mark?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
So what you're saying is a cold air and muffler (and resonator??) Delete will get you to that 190 to 200 mark?
Resonator delete won't do anything. But yes, intake and muffler delete should be fairly close. Again, numbers may vary depending on the Dyno used.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Definitely get the sxthelement FMIC and Downpipe, car pulls hard to 6k rpm. It's a different car best mods I've done to the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
At least we can get something before the limiter kicks in. I was looking to possibly do some mods in about a year or so that wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) void warranty and then look to tune down the road. I was considering fmic and exhaust options however I like the way he car sounds and don’t want to go any louder. Are there any options that would keep the sound the same but increase performance?

·
Registered
244 Posts
At least we can get something before the limiter kicks in. I was looking to possibly do some mods in about a year or so that wouldn’t (or shouldn’t) void warranty and then look to tune down the road. I was considering fmic and exhaust options however I like the way he car sounds and don’t want to go any louder. Are there any options that would keep the sound the same but increase performance?
I kept secondary cat and resonator, replaced downpipe and installed muffler delete, a little louder than stock but not bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts