Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do they make one, is it a Hyundai factory part, wife wants the sporty noise when giving it a good go, but also as a daily be nice and sedate/quiet without any drone etc,

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've not heard of one specifically for our car, but I do believe they're not too hard to make, either bi-modal on a switch or perhaps at a certain throttle % and higher. A decent muffler shop should be able to sort one out for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
do they make one, is it a Hyundai factory part, wife wants the sporty noise when giving it a good go, but also as a daily be nice and sedate/quiet without any drone etc,[/QUO

I have an old DEA ($95au approx) muffler that I put on mine and it was not loud at all but louder/better than stock. Drove it daily for 67,000kms and was great. No drone and has a nice tone. Ive now gone to a JunBL axle back ($710au delivered from Korea) and again its not super loud and no drone but better than DEA and stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do they make one, is it a Hyundai factory part, wife wants the sporty noise when giving it a good go, but also as a daily be nice and sedate/quiet without any drone etc,[/QUO

I have an old DEA ($95au approx) muffler that I put on mine and it was not loud at all but louder/better than stock. Drove it daily for 67,000kms and was great. No drone and has a nice tone. Ive now gone to a JunBL axle back ($710au delivered from Korea) and again its not super loud and no drone but better than DEA and stock.
where did you buy it from

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.