Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i was driving home from work and had the car in forth gear went to pass a slow moving vehicle and the car bucked and hesitated then the check engine light started flashing and i lost power. Pulled over and turned the car off then back on and it ran fine. Got on the Veloster site and it seems like they have had the same issue. It seems like it could be the fuel line. This is very disappointing considering its a new car. Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
214 Posts
that sucks dude. im at 4k and havent had that happen. how many miles on your es? i would take it to the dealer if it does that $HIT again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm at 5100 miles. This is my first turbo vehicle. Certainly want to keep it as long as possible. Once the inclement weather moves out of Houston i plan on taking it to the dealership.

·
Registered
214 Posts
dang i forgot is houston getting hit by the hurricane? sounds like your es has some bad misfiring going on. that does sound pretty #&%!ed up for only 5100 miles. id take off any engine mod parts before bringing it back to the stealership. you know they love to make up any excuses to do warranty work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So yesterday i was driving home from work and had the car in forth gear went to pass a slow moving vehicle and the car bucked and hesitated then the check engine light started flashing and i lost power. Pulled over and turned the car off then back on and it ran fine. Got on the Veloster site and it seems like they have had the same issue. It seems like it could be the fuel line. This is very disappointing considering its a new car. Anybody else have this issue?
I just slept through the hurricane here in htown as well. Do you have a OBDII scanner? see what error it gives you. Somehow the car is in limp mode possibly

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you don't have a scanner, you can goo to most auto parts stores who will read it free.
Good luck with both the car and the hurricane and let us know the outcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well my car took on water. At least that's what the dealership is saying. Got an insurance adjuster going to look at it today. I have full coverage and GAP insurance just in the event they total it out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could be bad fuel too, there was couple of instances before.

Reactions: mccaslin0
1 - 15 of 15 Posts