Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the car and someone hit it while parked!! I'm I was pissed when I saw this. I mean I don't even have the license plates yet and already have a nasty scuff on the lower side of the bumper... any tips on how to smooth it out and make it less noticeable. I know that the pair coat is gone just something to fix it so that more paint won't chip off.??

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's right. The only time I got door dings or scratches is when I made a mistake parking next to people. You'd think most are respectful towards cars, but it's not the case. There are those who simply do not care. Then there are those who didn't mean to ding or scratch your car, but it happened, and they left the scene regardless. If you're a car guy, there should not even be a second thought about parking far away, preferably next to a curb or a little tree island.

Regarding your scratch... You could just get universal bumper winglets on ebay (carbon fiber), they are around 150 bucks and will cover that scratch. I wouldn't waste money on my insurance deductible or trying to fix it myself. You could also get some nice vinyl, sand that area smooth, and apply the vinyl to look like winglets. Post a pic of your whole front, I'll have a better idea.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just got the car and someone hit it while parked!! I'm I was pissed when I saw this. I mean I don't even have the license plates yet and already have a nasty scuff on the lower side of the bumper... any tips on how to smooth it out and make it less noticeable. I know that the pair coat is gone just something to fix it so that more paint won't chip off.??
My question is how did someone reach the bottom of that bumper and not damage anymore of the bumper..? Looks almost like some curb rash that maybe you never noticed.

You may be able to sand out the sharp edges carefully, apply a little filler, sand it back down again to smooth and then tape off the surrounding areas and do some light coats of the spray can touch up paint. It won't match for sure but it should look better than the gouges. Plus it is on the bottom which won't be as noticeable.

This website makes pre-mixed spray cans:
Touch Up Paint and accessories | AutomotiveTouchup

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
If you're a car guy, there should not even be a second thought about parking far away, preferably next to a curb or a little tree island.
Exactly what I do. If I want a closer spot, I look for a curb to park as close to as I can. If none are available, off to the boonies I go.

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
Exactly what I do. If I want a closer spot, I look for a curb to park as close to as I can. If none are available, off to the boonies I go.
Me, too. If I'm parking close I find a curb near a cart return or something and park right up against the curb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts