Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn’t you get guys tape around the grill or tape and put paperback behind the grill as well

·
Registered
241 Posts
Did you remove the parts to dip them or mask off everything else? I'd imagine the grille isn't TOO bad to remove but the trim near the DRL's would be taped off?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didn’t you get guys tape around the grill or tape and put paperback behind the grill as well
Did you remove the parts to dip them or mask off everything else? I'd imagine the grille isn't TOO bad to remove but the trim near the DRL's would be taped off?
I just took off the whole bumper, removed the DRLs, and used tape and plastic bags to mask off everything else. If you do it this way, you have to take everything off while its wet or else it'll peel off your dip and waste your time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No need to remove bumper cover. I blacked out my grill last summer with plast-dip. Just put pieces of cardboard between grill and rad. Masked off perimeter of grill. Spray bombed the trim around DRL gloss black. Just masked off around trim. Finished with clear coat.
In agreement...but someone with OCD might agree when it comes to even the smallest of details. I still want to give AutoDip a go someday. PlatiDip is okay for what it is. You would be doing your Elantra a favor by removing your front plate. ;) The car looks so sleek without them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys, do you guys know how to remove the grill & the side diffusers under the DTRs? I made the rookie mistake of putting tape for plastic dipping... & yeahh came out horrible. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Hey guys, do you guys know how to remove the grill & the side diffusers under the DTRs? I made the rookie mistake of putting tape for plastic dipping... & yeahh came out horrible. Thanks in advance
Bumper has to come off. Remove from the back side. The big grille isn't easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone! This might be a shot in the box but...

I’m new to my Elantra unfortunately it’s not a sport but I wanted to blackout my grill, I need a little help on a starting point. I’m going for a blackout exterior but the interior is silver/pink. Am I crazy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts