Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else that is tuned hitting the boost limiter? Boost cut? WTF...

Doesn't matter what gear, if it goes around 1.6Bar on my electronic gauge, boost completely cuts out and the car jerks. Torque app data logging only ever sees 22psi as max value, boost gauge reads around 26psi.

I've got a Borg Warner EBCS, stock solenoid on the BoV side with the GFB BoV, tune, straight pipe exhaust from 1st cat. 2.5" cooler pipes, stock cold pipe, big cooler, Stock intake with k&n panel.

With my home brew pod filter intake i could hit 1.9bar, scary ****...

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Pretty sure the stock MAP sensor only reads to 21 or 22psi. So it won't show any higher than that on the Torque app. 26psi is a fairly aggressive tune. I'm on a Lap3 91 octane tune, probably peaks at 24psi on my gauge, and I've had to run E30 mix through the summer to avoid knock due to high intake temps (Arizona FTW).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aggressive tune... hmmm, it's a Tork tune. Don't judge me lol.

He's been the only one so far that will send tunes to Australia, albeit very slowly. Been running his stage 0+ for a while with no issues, was quite Fun actually.

Upgraded to his Stage 1 tune and got boost spikes on WOT anywhere between 1.6 to 1.9bar and subsequently hitting boost cut regularly even with the stock intake on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You running HKS M45XL plugs?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Aggressive tune... hmmm, it's a Tork tune. Don't judge me lol.

He's been the only one so far that will send tunes to Australia, albeit very slowly. Been running his stage 0+ for a while with no issues, was quite Fun actually.

Upgraded to his Stage 1 tune and got boost spikes on WOT anywhere between 1.6 to 1.9bar and subsequently hitting boost cut regularly even with the stock intake on.
Yeah, sounds to me like it's just too aggressive.

I am running HKS 45's gapped to .028.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had HKS M40XL plugs in there first, had issues, now running NGK 1422 and the car has been running ok apart from rough idle and the car reaching 1.9bar then hitting boost cut/limiter.

John from Tork asked if I wanted the boost limiter raised... seems like a bad idea, thoughts?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I had HKS M40XL plugs in there first, had issues, now running NGK 1422 and the car has been running ok apart from rough idle and the car reaching 1.9bar then hitting boost cut/limiter.

John from Tork asked if I wanted the boost limiter raised... seems like a bad idea, thoughts?
I hear the 1422's are just a stock replacement plug. I would definitely try HKS 45's, you need something colder. As far as the limiter, yeah I wouldn't do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts