Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one installed a boost gauge yet? I was thinking about installing one, but taking a look at the engine bay, I couldn't locate a designated vacuum line.

Also, not sure how I want to mount or run the lines from inside the car.

Has anyone been able to locate the engine schematics online anywhere?

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
You would want to add a vacuum block to the MAP sensor on the intake manifold or a throttle body spacer with ports in it.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
I used the sixth element engineering distribution block for a good reading.
Good part. Ran one for a couple years on my VT. I want a Xenon Element 3TBS thought. Moved to that on the VT and felt it worked much better. Plus, perfect place to install an injector for meth. And, if you upgrade to a 60mm TB, you won't have to drill and tap it for the EVAP line.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the sixth element engineering distribution block for a good reading.
Good part. Ran one for a couple years on my VT. I want a Xenon Element 3TBS thought. Moved to that on the VT and felt it worked much better. Plus, perfect place to install an injector for meth. And, if you upgrade to a 60mm TB, you won't have to drill and tap it for the EVAP line.
**** I will have to check into that too

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have you checked with any other forums on where to run the lines? Maybe someone with an older model year Elantra has the answer since it seems this sort of thing would be consistent throughout the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts