Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a boost gauge yet? I am debating on where I want to mount one, as well as still looking for a good vacuum line to tap into.

Does anyone know where I can find the engine schematics online?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not too sure and haven't seen anyone do anything yet. Would it be accessible to see through the Torque android app or something?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been browsing some of the veloster forums and seeing where they have there vacuum lines, I think I found one coming off the throttle body. The gauge will be here on Wednesday. I just have to see how I want to mount it inside the cabin. Was thinking about on top of the steering wheel, but I might put it on the dash by the defrost vent on the left side by the apillar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been browsing some of the veloster forums and seeing where they have there vacuum lines, I think I found one coming off the throttle body. The gauge will be here on Wednesday. I just have to see how I want to mount it inside the cabin. Was thinking about on top of the steering wheel, but I might put it on the dash by the defrost vent on the left side by the apillar.
let me know how it works out Ive been pondering the same thing since seeing a Avante sport with them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let me know how it works out Ive been pondering the same thing since seeing a Avante sport with them.
I have it tucked away in the corner of the cluster. For now until I can find any other viable option. I don't mind it though doesn't block anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should note that I had to buy a vacuum distribution block from sixth element engineering that was made for the veloster but seeing how the motor in the same, it works the same. there is just no clear vacuum line to tap to that will read both boost and vacuum. the line coming off the manifold only reads vacuum and I didn't was to tear into the line on the throttle body and didn't attempt to reach to the line going to the waste gate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts