Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just want to make sure I'm on the right track with my diagnosis...

Should the MAP sensor on the intake manifold read the same or near pressures as the MAP sensor nearest the diverter valve (BPV)?

Thanks all.
Dan

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump anyone...

·
Registered
92 Posts
at WOT it's the same, only inch from each other.

while driving, should be close, if not the BPV should open!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JSV.

My MAP sensor on the cold side is reading at least 10psi less than my intake MAP sensor.

At WOT intake MAP sensor hits 22psi, cold side MAP sensor gets to about 8psi then drops off. I'm guessing this is the ECU doing boost cut as the two values are quite different.

Car won't boost beyond 10psi at all...

I've check the hoses and replaced all clamps with new constant tension worm drive clamps, good seal around the GFB BoV, boost leak tested, smoke tested. Have put the MAC boost control solenoid back in, all hoses there are good and tight.

Is there anything else to check... perhaps wastegate is open?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some screen shots from logs I've made over the past few months.

Intake manifold pressure seems to be consistently higher than the boost pressure sensor in the cold pipe every time. This was pre tune, and pre-mods.

Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would try to replace the MAP, those reading make no sense to me

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've already replaced the MAP on the intake manifold with a new MAP sensor and it made no difference.

Did the same on the cold side pipe and it too made no difference....

Weird huh...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have boooooooost!!!!

MAC wastegate solenoid was dead.

Thanks all for the help!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It must be the location of the solenoid, sitting right next to the block as well as the turbo. I'm planning on making a mount for it located higher up closer to the too of the strut tower.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I installed mine remotely after replaced the oem one by a MAC. No heat and no vibration and easy to replace if it fail. I just need to do a cleaner installation with a bracket like my BOV one.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@birdman
Yes, there's the wastegate solenoid which is located on the left hand side of the engine on a rubber bracket, very close to the turbo compressor housing. This one gets super hot.

The other solenoid is located next to our factory diverted (BoV) valve on the cold side pipe.

@Mathieu
Great idea!
Did you notice any difference by having longer vacuum lines to the solenoid? Any observations?

Thanks
Dan

Reactions: birdman

·
Registered
50 Posts
@birdman
Yes, there's the wastegate solenoid which is located on the left hand side of the engine on a rubber bracket, very close to the turbo compressor housing. This one gets super hot.

The other solenoid is located next to our factory diverted (BoV) valve on the cold side pipe.

@Mathieu
Great idea!
Did you notice any difference by having longer vacuum lines to the solenoid? Any observations?

Thanks
Dan
No noticeable difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.