Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, first off, I hate the look of bracketed wiper blades (which come on our cars) and they wear too easily, so I recently bought a set of slick Bosch Icon's. I have put the Icon's on five other cars in the past and they are the best out there if you're willing to put a little money down on wiper blades. Btw, they are cheaper on Amazon. Question is, does anyone know for certain what the size of the blades are that came on our ES's? Bosch's website says 28 in. for the driver's side and 13 in. for the passenger's side. THEY ARE WRONG. I ordered those numbers exactly and put them on last evening to find a 2 in.+ gap between the end of the passenger wiper blade and the end of the glass on the windshield, meaning less coverage of the passenger blade. I then measured the stock ones and they measured out to be 26 in. and 16 in. respectively. I've looked in our manuals and there is no information there. Called Hyundai and they didn't know, which was odd. Going to call a local dealership today and ask because that's what Hyundai said to do. Also, checked another Hyundai forum and they indeed say we have 26 in. and 16 in. blades, which is probably the truth. Just seeing if anyone knows about this or has ran into a similar problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Called a local dealership and he had a chart in front of him that verifies our dimensions are 28 in. and 14 in, which is what the blades should of been when they came on the car. I suppose it makes sense because those numbers add up to 42 in. of coverage, which is the same when you add up the 26 in. and 16 in. blades that came on the car. I believe he said the dimensions changed on the 2017 Elantra models. So if you go with Bosch Icon blades, do not order a 13 in. passenger blade; order a 14 in. instead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE #2: So this is just getting silly at this point, so I'll understand if no one bothers commenting on this post. ? Looked at HyundaiOEMParts.com (pretty cool website btw) and the website states that 26 in. and 16 in. are correct. The person I talked to at a dealership is also right with a 28 in. and 14 in. working BUT for your information, I just found out myself that Bosch does not make a 14 in. blade for the Icon, which is why they stated that a 28 in. and 13 in. would work, which they do but you're getting 2 in. of less coverage on the passenger side. It's also pretty silly to see a 28 in. blade and 13 in. blade together, so I reccomend the 26 in. and 16 in. together. I still reccomend Bosch Icon but this has taken too much time to figure out with Bosch being correct but also not correct.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
When in doubt, measure what's on the car and buy the same size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts