Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, Who's gonna do it. Who's gonnna make it go bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa, gobble gobble gobble... seriously though thinking about doing it. I know its not the best for the turbo but its so low boost, I am not too worried. Not really sure theres a plate out yet

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Alrighty, Who's gonna do it. Who's gonnna make it go bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa, gobble gobble gobble... seriously though thinking about doing it. I know its not the best for the turbo but its so low boost, I am not too worried. Not really sure theres a plate out yet
It's your car, but it's not a great idea. Yes, it can have a negative effect on your turbo. And I wouldn't say 'low boost', we do run around 17-18psi I believe.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just remove the hose and you get the sound. The BOV is necessary for turbo bearing life.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no no no, i get it, its dumb. And actually its closer to 12 PSI.The Veloster has more boost. I was more gauging interest. And i have your intake SXTH element. so there is no bpv hose anymore. the "bov" is just so . pshhhhhhhhh sounding.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
no no no, i get it, its dumb. And actually its closer to 12 PSI.The Veloster has more boost. I was more gauging interest. And i have your intake SXTH element. so there is no bpv hose anymore. the "bov" is just so . pshhhhhhhhh sounding.
I have a SXTH intake and have the hose. You just have to ask for it. :cool: Most BOV's will "Pshhhhh" unless they are either broken, not working correctly, or non-existent. Turbo flutter sounds cool, but it's not healthy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Sxth Element SRI is finally back in stock, I need help on which configuration to order to do a catch can to keep the exhaust stuff from going back into my intake as I understand it, do I just order the OEM setup with no deletes? I don't want to damage anything like my turbo but I would like to catch stuff from going back into my intake, also what's this about asking for this hose does it not come with it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts