Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently purchased a secondhand ES M/T. Drives great and without issues and the prior owner said that it had the bypass hose removed to achieve a BOV noise, turns out that there is actually an aftermarket BOV installed, I'd ideally purchase the following OEM parts to remove the BOV noise and replace damaged parts

Turbo diverter valve
Hot side charge pipe
Hot side charge hose
Bypass hose

Are there OEM part numbers available for those? The SXTH hot pipe upgrade is tempting but out of stock. The Forge Motorsports BOV w/ recirculation also looks fine, as the recirculation wouldn't create the noise, however there's got to be a cheaper option than $180

Asking here as I've done a lot of custom engine work myself on my audi a3 quattro, and my wife was quoted $1600 to fix the above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, that link is exactly what I was looking for. To confirm 28234-3L225 is the OEM BPV used?
The other hot side parts are needed as whomever installed the BOV did a poor job and rubbing has almost caused a hole in the hose and the tabs are broken off the charge pipe.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Awesome, that link is exactly what I was looking for. To confirm 28234-3L225 is the OEM BPV used?
Yes
The other hot side parts are needed as whomever installed the BOV did a poor job and rubbing has almost caused a hole in the hose and the tabs are broken off the charge pipe.
The hot pipe is under the engine by the oil pan. Do you mean the cold pipe that goes to the throttle body?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the part you're needing is 28262-2B780 which they refer to as the outlet pipe. This has the flange the stock BOV connects to. You should only need the outlet pipe and BOV plus the 4(10mm I believe) bolts that connect the BOV.

Depending on if the hose from the solenoid to the bov was replaced you may need that too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put it up on jacks today to have a look myself, the 28262-2B780 part has superficial damage and the shop was just BSing about that, the BPV and a couple of the smaller hoses do need changing. I refered to the diagram at the link. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am struggling to find a replacement part for the BPV bypass hose, I cannot find it on either the turbocharger or air intake subpages, any idea where to find that?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I am struggling to find a replacement part for the BPV bypass hose, I cannot find it on either the turbocharger or air intake subpages, any idea where to find that?
#13 on the link I posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts