Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've been looking into the HKS BoV, I am buying a slightly used one for half price of what it's sold on SXTH (I mean they're real and new)

I will be buying a new adapter from SXTH to fit my car.

So mainly about this post:

I have no clue how to install it and what tools I'll need. I have a DCT and I normally drive with paddles.

Do I need to weld? Do I need to completely not get this because it will be too hard for me to do myself? What must I remove?

Any help would be great thank you!

Ps - I know it's a DCT with a bov but they make me smile 馃槀

Registered
No welding. Easier access going in from underneath IMO. You remove 4 bolts, remove the stock BPV, and then install the new parts. I went with a BOV that doesn't need the adapter so I can't comment on that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No welding. Easier access going in from underneath IMO. You remove 4 bolts, remove the stock BPV, and then install the new parts. I went with a BOV that doesn't need the adapter so I can't comment on that.
Am I going to have to get a pipe for it? If I remove my stock bpv am I going to need to find a tube that will fit or do I just cap off where the bpv would of connected to the intake and connect? Is there any good videos or threads explaining how to install?

Sorry thanks again 馃檪

Registered
Just cap the intake tube. A 7/8" chair leg cap works fine without needing a clamp.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just cap the intake tube. A 7/8" chair leg cap works fine without needing a clamp.

I have a 1 inch on as my BPV is disconnected to vent, thank you very much I appreciate the help a bunch.

To anyone else on the forums, what tools am I going to need?

Registered
I have a 1 inch on as my BPV is disconnected to vent, thank you very much I appreciate the help a bunch.

To anyone else on the forums, what tools am I going to need?
Beer.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts