·
Registered
288 Posts
I have it. It’s solid

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have it. It’s solid
Side note since i see you have a DCT and a BOV.

I did the BPV hose delete to get the "pshh" sound on my DCT but really hate it sometimes because it goes off at the weirdest moments mid throttle or sometimes (often actually) it would go off twice like "psh psh" for almost no reason not having moved my foot on the throttle.

Do you get that kind of behavior with your BOV or would something like an upgraded MAC solenoid literally solve all the issues im having and have the blowoff sound happen mostly off throttle?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Side note since i see you have a DCT and a BOV.

I did the BPV hose delete to get the "pshh" sound on my DCT but really hate it sometimes because it goes off at the weirdest moments mid throttle or sometimes (often actually) it would go off twice like "psh psh" for almost no reason not having moved my foot on the throttle.

Do you get that kind of behavior with your BOV or would something like an upgraded MAC solenoid literally solve all the issues im having and have the blowoff sound happen mostly off throttle?
Most likely it’s still going to do it with the MAC. I still have the stock solenoid with my TurboXS and it works fine. The new solenoid isn’t going to solve everything.

Also, I run recirc with the turboXS and it sounds way better than venting to atmosphere.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it. It’s solid
Does that BoV hold boost under hard acceleration or does it still flutter? The stock one sounds like a rattle snake under WoT.

What does it sound like? Do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does that BoV hold boost under hard acceleration or does it still flutter? The stock one sounds like a rattle snake under WoT.

What does it sound like? Do you have a sound clip?
The rattlesnake sound (if you have an intake) is your internal wastegate working to regulate boost.

This BOV holds boost just fine. I don’t have any videos on YouTube to link here so you’re out of luck on that front. Sorry.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The rattlesnake sound (if you have an intake) is your internal wastegate working to regulate boost.

Isn't the internal wastegate in the exhaust side of the turbocharger as it is with any turbo system I have ever dealt with? If so why would we hear this through the intake system? Just looking for clarification as I have always wondered what that sound was.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Isn't the internal wastegate in the exhaust side of the turbocharger as it is with any turbo system I have ever dealt with? If so why would we hear this through the intake system? Just looking for clarification as I have always wondered what that sound was.
That’s just what one of the tuners said it was on the FB group since it gets asked a ton. Maybe he meant something else, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the post lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
That’s just what one of the tuners said it was on the FB group since it gets asked a ton. Maybe he meant something else, it’s been a while since I’ve seen the post lol
Okay, too bad I was hoping you had the complete answer, like I said I have always wondered what the sound was.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay, too bad I was hoping you had the complete answer, like I said I have always wondered what the sound was.
I can definitely tell you 100 percent it isn’t the BPV lol. If it was we wouldn’t be holding any boost at all as it’s just a valve that’s supposed to stay closed under throttle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can definitely tell you 100 percent it isn’t the BPV lol. If it was we wouldn’t be holding any boost at all as it’s just a valve that’s supposed to stay closed under throttle.
Yeah, I never assumed it was the BPV but the internal wastegate is most definitely on the exhaust side of the turbo so it doesn't make sense for us to be hearing that through the intake system. I have read on here before that a tune corrected this sound on a member's VT, guess I'll put that to the test once I get my tune.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry guys for saying this! A blow off valve should be on of the last mods done to your car, unless you only care about sounding cool!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry guys for saying this! A blow off valve should be on of the last mods done to your car, unless you only care about sounding cool!
I couldn't agree more, I am running the factory BPV and it is recirculated as it was from the beginning, even with my SXTH intake.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No CEL from the TurboXS BOV ? I just installed one on my ES along with a SXTH intake, FMIC and a boost solenoid and I’m getting a CEL now. Need to still pull the code and see what it is exactly
You DMed me on IG about it. It is most definitely the Code for the BOV. It’s not serious. Just clear the code and move on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts