Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently noticed this and want to make sure it's normal. When I press the brakes there is a swoosh sound like it is coming from the pedal. The car stops fine and it seems normal other than the sound it makes when the brakes are pressed. Even with the car not on, I can hear the (swoosh) when the brakes are pressed.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I just recently noticed this and want to make sure it's normal. When I press the brakes there is a swoosh sound like it is coming from the pedal. The car stops fine and it seems normal other than the sound it makes when the brakes are pressed. Even with the car not on, I can hear the (swoosh) when the brakes are pressed.
Completely normal. Surprised you never heard anything similar on other cars you have had. That's power brakes for ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clearification R1600Turbo, got me a little worry. Never heard anything like it before; I came from 1999 Civic Si. I was gonna get a 2017 Si but couldnt resist on the 2017 ES deal. So far Im loving it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.